International Day of Persons with Disabilities
30 November 2020
Tuesday 3rd December is the UN International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). Introduced in 1992, the IDPD aims to promote the rights and well-being of disabled people across society.
There are a range of different things going on to mark the day, including:
- #PurpleLightUp - a global movement designed to celebrate and draw attention to the economic contribution of disabled people
- Free digital accessibility resources
- 'A Little Less Conversation…… A Little More Action’ - a free webinar, on 3rd Dec at 2pm, about the Disability Confident scheme, providing information and insight into the support available to employers during these unprecedented times from experts in disability and work. Sign up here.
- Updated workplace inclusion guidance for line managers
- Free Disability Confident webinars - with more to follow soon.
Keep your eyes peeled on social media to help share / retweet and spread the word about International Day of Persons with Disabilities on Thursday 3rd December.