Invitation to Parliamentary Meeting on Newborn Screening
28 May 2021
On Wednesday 9th June, the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Rare, Genetic and Undiagnosed Conditions will be holding a meeting on newborn screening. The Newborn Screening Alliance is working with Genetic Alliance UK to improve access to newborn screening.
Guest speakers at the meeting include:
- Professor Simon Heales, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Professor Laurent Servais, UK Newborn Screening Alliance
- Dr Will Evans, Niemann-Pick UK
- Amanda Mortensen, Batten Disease Family Association
- Karen Harrison, Alex The Leukodystrophy Charity
- Georgina Morton, ArchAngel MLD Trust
You can ask your MP to attend the meeting and show their support for people affected by SMA - ask them to email: email@example.com to get a link to join the meeting. You can find out more and register to attend the event, here.