Universal Credit and Universal Support

01 November 2018

The charity Turn2Us have written an article explaining how people claiming Universal Credit can get help through Universal Support which enables them to make a claim and manage ongoing payments.

Universal Support is delivered by individual local authorities, funded by grants from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

From April 2019, Citizens Advice will take on the responsibility for delivering a strengthened Universal Support service, with the aim of ensuring a consistent and streamlined service for new claimants across the country.

Universal Support is delivered in different ways based on the support you need and where you live.

There are two main parts:

  • Assisted Digital Support – help with using a computer to make or maintain your claim
  • Personal Budgeting Support – help to manage your monthly Universal Credit payment and possible advice on your finances.

Find out more