Personal Assistants (PAs), Carers and Home Care
- The Government have published advice on provision of home care, together with more detailed guidance on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for care workers delivering homecare. Guidance for those who provide unpaid care to friends or family, here.
- Full Government guidance for people receiving direct payments is here. It refers to making contingency plans and to flexibile use of direct payments during the pandemic, including circumstances when Local authorities and CCGs should consider requests to pay a close family member to provide care if deemed necessary. Details about how the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme can be used by direct payment holders who employ people for their care, plus a set of FAQs are also published.
- PAs and unpaid carers are on the list of essential workers who are eligible for testing in England. Government guidance is explained in Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting tested together with links to information for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Carers UK have published guidance as well which you can find here and some FAQs here.
- There's information on the NHS website on 'Sharing your home: advice for Carers'.
- Penderels Trust have information, advice and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) both for Personal Assistants (PAs) and employers of PAs.
- Carers Trust have published some information around looking after yourself if you're a young carer / young adult carer. Find out more