Game for Gain
Whether you are a solo gamer, or are part of a club, you can set up your own gaming marathon or skills or creative contest and get sponsored to raise money for SMA UK!
How does Game for Gain work?
You can host your own Livestream and set yourself a challenge – this could be a gaming endurance marathon or perhaps a skills or creative contest. Can you master a tricky task in your favourite game or build a skyscraper in a day? Let everyone know what you are attempting and then they can sponsor you. Or you can turn it into a tournament and reach out to your network to spread the word.
Whatever you decide to do, we would love to hear about it and share it, so please let us know what you are planning.
How can I take part?
Follow the steps below to get started and if there is anything at all you need to support you please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to this page and click on Start Fundraising
- Sign Up to JustGiving or login if you already have an account
- Select ‘a personal streaming / gaming event’ from the Event Type options and follow the instructions to set up your fundraising page
- Go to Edit your page where you can add more information on your event
- Click on Media and then Live Stream Settings to link up your fundraiser with your Twitch account
- Let people know what you are doing by sharing your page on Social Media before, during and after the challenge!
If you need tips on setting up a Livestream then you can find more information by clicking here
Don't forget to Game safely and take regular breaks, and if you are a child or teenager taking part you can click here for some tips on how to stay safe and happy when gaming.