Shared Experience Family Event – Midlands
Ettington Chase Hotel, Banbury Road, Ettington,
Taking place on Sunday 27th October.
Please note: bookings for this event have now closed. If you wish to see if there are still spaces for you / your family to attend, please contact the office asap on 01789 267520.
If you have booked but have not received confirmation of your booking from us, please also contact the office asap.
We hope you'll be able to join us at this one-day event in the Midlands, which offers children and their families the chance to meet up, chat and share experiences.
While children aged 0-12 have fun in childcare, the afternoon will offer an interactive workshop facilitated by SMA UK's Support Services Team, and members of the Young Adults Network who will share their experiences of living with SMA.
If it’s your first event, then we know it can feel a bit daunting, but if you let us know we can introduce you to others. We look forward to seeing you there!
- 11am: Arrival and registration / refreshments
- 11.30am – 1pm: Family entertainment
- 1pm – 2pm: Buffet lunch
- 2pm – 3.30pm: Interactive workshop for any family members, including young people aged 13-17 years. Come and join us to share and discuss topics and issues relating to everyday living with SMA, whilst exploring our new website section - ‘Living With SMA’.
- (1.45pm - 4.45pm: Childcare for children aged 0-12 years. Booking is essential. All parents will be sent a form to register their child(ren) directly with our childcare provider, Tinies)
- 3.30pm – 4pm: ‘Celebrating our Supporters’. An opportunity for all to see what others do to support SMA UK, and for us to offer our thanks and gratitude for making the day possible.
- 4pm: Refreshments
- 5.30pm: Close
Please note: all children remain the responsibility of their parents during this event. If your child(ren) do not wish to take part in childcare or the workshop, then they must remain under your supervision at all times.
This event is free for those with SMA, their siblings, parents and grandparents. We would be grateful for a donation from any other family members which can be made via our website.