SMA and Screening: The Views of Families - The Imagining Futures Research
You can read the report in full here.
Alternatively you can click through to sections about the report:
- Read the original article here
- You can follow the project as it continues to develop here or follow Felicity on twitter: @imaginingfuture
- The first paper from the Imagining Futures study has now been published in the American Journal of Medical Genetics. You can download this here.
- Another paper has been published on the study, this one focusing on the newborn screening results.
- SMA news today published an article on the research here.
In June 2017 Felicity was gathering new data from families affected by haemophilia, thalassemia, cystic fibrosis and fragile-X in order to explore how different/similar they are to the SMA data.
If you have any feedback or comments relating to the Imagining Futures research project, please email Felicity Boardman (Warwick University) directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this research has raised any issues or emotions for you and you would like to speak to a member of the Support Services Team at SMA UK, then please phone us on: 01789 267 520 or email: email@example.com