About the Outreach Service
We are a very small team of staff who have been working with individuals and families with SMA for many years. We can provide emotional support, practical advice and guidance by phone, email and text. We can also visit you at your home if either you or your child are newly diagnosed or if it is too difficult to cover all you want to discuss by phone or email. We cover the whole of the UK.
During visits, you may wish to talk about:
- The emotional impact of the diagnosis or other issues you are facing
- The daily care and management of SMA
- Getting the best from professionals involved with you or your child
- How to access the services, adaptations and equipment you need
- What benefits and financial support are available
- Accessing education / work
We do not provide a medical service or medical advice which must come from your medical team.
Contact Support Services on 01789 267520 or email us to find out more.