Apply to be a Regional Stakeholder Network Chair
13 June 2022
The Cabinet Office Disability Unit is recruiting 9 Regional Stakeholder Network (RSN) Chairs on behalf of the Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work, helping to ensure disabled people's voices are heard throughout England. They will join an existing stakeholder engagement network that covers 9 regions of England.
What they say:
"Previous chairs have made significant changes in their sectors, using their expertise to make good progress for disabled people. They have helped the government improve the lives of disabled people and remove many obstacles and barriers they can face.
Yet there is still more that can be done to improve the lives of disabled people. The new chairs will continue the work to tackle issues faced by many disabled people through an ongoing dialogue with the government."
What Being A Chair Involves:
RSN chairs are:
- leaders in their region who want to make a difference locally and nationally
- effective change-makers who help to drive improvements in the accessibility and quality of life for disabled people
- promoters of best practice from within the network
- coordinators of regular membership meetings
- advocates for the voices of disabled people, heard through a range of platforms
These are voluntary positions held for a maximum of one year, alongside the chair’s usual job.
Apply by Friday 12th August.