Update on the Call for Evidence for New 10-Year Plan To Improve Mental Health
14 July 2022
Last month we shared the call for evidence from the Department of Health and Social Care who are looking for evidence on which to build a new 10-year plan to improve mental health.
Working with members of the SMA Community, we selected the questions which were most relevant to people living with SMA.
- How can we support people that are more likely to experience poor wellbeing to improve their own wellbeing?
- How can we improve the wellbeing of people who are more likely to experience poor wellbeing?
- How can we support different sectors within local areas to work together, and with people within their local communities, to improve the populations wellbeing?
- Do you have ideas for how employers can support and protect the mental health of their employees?
- How can we help parents or primary caregivers of infants to improve their own wellbeing, and the wellbeing of their families?
Many thanks to everyone that contributed to this important piece of Government research, giving a voice to the SMA Community. You can read our responses to these questions, here.
SMA UK regularly responds to government consultations - keep an eye out on our social media for how you can get involved. The more voices we have, the louder we can shout about the issues that are most important to us.